I have L/M 7.0 with pmfirewall and a 56K external modem.This boxes only
function is firewall and masquerade for my other computers. I do this
through KDE. My hope is to have this run as a stand alone. Boot up and
connect to my ISP with firewall protection automatically, no
monitor/mouse/keyboard.... for example when power goes out / or I shut it
down. Now I have to pick a user, enter the password, and hit connect on
kppp... I have the kppp in autostart.

Can I do this with KDE? If not could you explain just a bit? I fear it is in
console that I must go. Fear might be a bit rash...But its close.