Specifically, what was mostly confusing was after I selected that various
packages it asked me how many megabytes of the selected packages I wanted
install with a slider bar to adjust the "level" I guess. I didn't get it at
all -- because I don't know how many megabytes I want,

---SnIp----

---->This will normally happen if you select packages that exceed the disk
space you have ... 100% = all of the selected packages if its less that
100% you did not have enough room to install everything ... it tells you
right on that screen  =)

Lonny Selinger

---SnIp----

all I knew was that I
wanted packages A, B, and C.  I just accepted the default and then it told
me I might not get all the packages that I had selected.

Also, and this is beside the point, there were areas during the install
where I clicked the cancel button but it didn't back me out (I can't
remember now, I think it was when I was setting up the network) and I had
turn off the machine and restart.

I have 7.0 installed...