From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Lenoard
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2000 10:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] can not connect to internet

here is my problem when i try to connect to the internet with netscape i get this message."perhaps there is a problem with your name server if your site must use a non root name server you will need to set the SOCKS_NS enviroment variable to point at the appropriate name server it may be necessary to set this variable or the SOCKS host preference to the ip address of the host in question rather than its name.
I use a cable connection to the internet and here is the info i got from my isp

ip=24.42.143.174
netmask=255.255.255.0
gateway=24.42.143.1
client id =cr1016481-a
subdomain=hnsn1.on.wave.home.com
domain=24.2.9.33
2nd domain=24.2.9.35

Is there any info that i am missing or maybe i entered something wrong if you could tell me where this info goes it would help me but i do believe i have entered it correctly

thanks i hope you can help