I'll have to track down my notes, but I also had to get updated drivers for
my nvidia geforce 256 card - that did the trick for me to be able to run
Q3. In Cooker, there are a few other 4.01 xfree RPMS - theres a
XFree86-libs4.0.1, a devel rpm,docs, etc..
Maybe you should try installing or upgrading to 7.1 - is that an option for
you ? if you do an expert install you have the option to install and start
4.01. I did that with the 7.2 beta and it worked out nicely.

philomena