Hello.  I need help with the installation of a Java JDK for
Mandrake (preferably Sun's 1.2.2).  Apparently MandrakeSoft
Professional Services technical support does not support the
installation of the JDK off of their CD set.

   A) I tried to install the sun Java jdk off of the 2nd Applications CD
   and I got the following "dependency" error list:

   "Dependency problem
   unixODBC is needed by jdk-sun-1.2.2-2mdk.i586.rpm
   libodbc.so is needed by jdk-sun-1.2.2-2mdk.i586.rpm
   libodbcinst.so is needed by jdk-sun-1.2.2-2mdk.i586.rpm"

   B) So I downloaded/built the JDK off of the java.sun.com/downloads
   web site.  The JDK was installed as directed by their "Java 2 Runtime
   Environment, Standard Edition" install doc for Linux.  See
   http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/install-linux.html.  When trying
   to run a sample program to test the installation of the JDK I got the
   warning messages listed in the Javaprob.txt file that is attached
(i.e.,
   "Warning: cannot convert string "<Key>Home,_Key_Begin" to type
   VirtualBinding . . .").  I was able the sample program with the
   installed JDK.

My system data follows.  Thanks for your help with this matter.

> processor=AMD K6
> harddrive=IDE, 1 G Linux/ 5 M Swap
> cdrom=IDE
> graphic=3dfx Voodoo3