When using  "rpm -Uvv rpm-name-here.rpm" to update any RPM i get the following
error message:

error getting record /bin/sh from //var/lib/rpm/requiredby.rpm

This only started after i replaced my harddrive and did a fresh instal of 7.1.
It did not occur on my old harddrive with 7.1. That harddrive went bad and i
replaced it  with an exact duplicate (was under the manufacturers warranty). As
far as I can remember I did not select anything different during the instal
process and  and the rpms have been mainly ones I had installed on my old
system (ie junkbuster, etc).

Like i said, i never had this error on my old 7.1 installation but am getting
it everytime i try to install/upgrade and rpm on this installation.

Anyone have any idea what the heck this error is?

And i do have the file /var/lib/rpm/requiredby.rpm with the permissions of
-rw-r--r--- so everyone should be able to read it. Also, these were the
permissions that were on this file after the installation.

Many thanks in advance,
Ian K. Harrell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]