Yes there is away around your delimma. This link:

ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/MandrakeCooker/7.2beta/i586/images/README

explains it all in detail for just about every conceiveable method of install
and upgrade but I will touch on the solution to your problem. <smile>.

*paste*

   | Linux-Mandrake - Installation instructions |

         * Required configuration *
      - Pentium processor or compatible
      - CDROM drive
      - At least 32 MB RAM
      - VESA 2.0 compliant graphics card

There are basically four ways you can install Linux-Mandrake, you
should try them in order:

1 - The Install CD is bootable. In most cases, just insert the CD into
the drive and reboot the machine. Follow the instructions displayed on
screen, you are done.

2 - If you have MS-DOS installed on your computer, you can boot the
installation system directly from the CD without using any diskettes.

To do this (assuming your CD is drive D:), use the following
commands:

C:\> D:
D:\> cd \dosutils\autoboot
D:\dosutils\autoboot> autoboot.bat

Note that this method will not work if run in a DOS window -- the
autoboot.bat file must be executed with DOS as the only operating
system. In other words, Windows cannot be running.

3 - If your computer cannot boot from the CDROM and previous methods
do not work, you must make a boot floppy under Windows as follows:
    * insert the CDROM, then open the icon "My Computer", right click
      on the CDROM drive icon and select "Open"
    * go into the "dosutils" directory and double-click on the
      "rawwritewin" icon
    * insert a blank floppy in the floppy drive
    * select "D:\images\cdrom.img" in the "Image File" field (assuming that
      your CDROM drive is "D:", otherwise replace "D:" as needed)
    * select "A:" in the "Floppy Drive" field then click on "Write".

To begin the installation, insert the CDROM in the drive, as well as the
boot floppy if necessary, then restart the computer.

*snip*

Cheers
--Al

"markOpoleO" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: