2000-09-26. Incoming bitstream from [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

>Thanks for the help on my rebooting during install and during use of
>7.0.  I think I have tracked down *what* the problem is, so if you could
>offer some pointers on how to fix it :)  The problem seems to be lack of
>memory..  I have 128meg ram, but this is what lothar 0.5.3 is showing:
>Total: 14MB
>Used:  12 MB

Hmm. This is not much. DO you use lilo to boot? If yes, add

append="mem=128M" to /etc/lilo.conf (as root), run lilo (still as
root) and reboot.

Otherwise see man grub, you can find in there how to update menu.lst

Paul

--
Q: Why is there no such organization as Chocoholics Anonymous?
A: Because no one wants to quit.

http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208 - Registered Linux User 174403
              -=PINE 4.21 on Linux Mandrake 7.1=-