I know you said you downloaded the driver already, but just in case I
wanted to make sure you knew that Dell offers a bunch of Linux drivers
and info on their website.  http://support.dell.com  Just type in your
service tag number and it will find the ones for your particular system.

Hope everyones answers help you out.

-Paul R