Mark Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asked the question:
Do we hate MS software because of Bill Gates, or because of the techical merit
of their programmers, or because of it's environment/culture, or all of the above.

me says:
i hate M$ because their software stinks.  i still use Ami Pro 3.0 as a word processer
even tho it's 10 years old or something because it does things the word2000 still
doesn't do, does other things better, and has much less of a memory load + runs
faster.  i use to love M$.  DOS 6 was great, even liked Win3.1......  PowerPoint is
kinda nice, but otherwise -- I just don't like their software.  I don't like the
features they leave out, i don't like the slowness, i don't like the stupid wizards
that force themselves on you.  in MS Works (which i do use quite a bit) it continually
loses my settings in the "preferences" dialog so i have to go in and change it all
back to what i want.  this program is on v4.5.  by now they should have it able to
retain the settings.  this is easy stuff.....

if MS did what i want, and did it each time, i'd be happy

also, their advertising is retarded    =)

as to Bill himself, yea i talk smack about him, but really.  he is the richest man
alive.  i'm jealous of course, and not afraid to admit it.  Bill must have something
going on, else he'd be living in a box behind the 7-11.

Adrian Smith
'de telepone dude
Telecom Dept.
x 7042