Telnet isn't a daemon it's an actual program that you can call either from
a terminal window or in the program menu. To know for certain as to
whether or not the program exists on your system in a terminal window
type;

        whereis telnet  <ENTER>

If it comes back empty then the program doesn't exist on your system, if
it comes back with a path statement something like /usr/bin/telnet, then
the program is on your system.

In the event that it is not simply install the telnet RPM from the
installation disk and you're off and running.

 --
Mark
**  =/\=  No Penguins were harmed       | ICQ#27816299

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000 11:47am ,Taquin Ho spake passionately in a  message: