I have been given a task at work to get Linux up and running by Wednesday
Oct. 4th.  The developers want to attach to this Linux system with '95 and
NT workstations as though it is a NT "share." I found a reference to Samba,
but can't seem to find any complete beginner lever step-by-step instructions
for setting up this "share."

Here is the background:

My experience with Linux/Unix = zero.

Experience with Novell/NT = extensive.

PC we are using for testing:

Hewlett Packard Vectra LE

Pentium II / 333 MHz

RAM:  384 MB

Hard Drives:  2 x 2.1 GB EIDE

CD-ROM:  20X

Network Card:  Intel Etherpro 100

I have successfully setup the networking.  I can ping routers, other
workstations and get a "telnet" session.  But the Samba thing does just not
seem to come together.  I do get a message that SMB service is loading on
boot up.  But don't know what to do with it.  Places that I have been to
seek help are:

www.linux-mandrake.com and www.samba.org

Michael

[EMAIL PROTECTED]