Okay, I've included a (very) small text attachment, it shows an error message
I'm getting whenever I try to run an app that needs Mesa/Glide. I did go to
README.3DFX and read it, but it was somewhat less than illuminating for me. Can
someone look at the text and tell me what it is I'm supposed to do? I'm
confused, because when I try "setenv" as su, (or normal user) I always get a
"command not found" error. What file (.bash_profile? .bashrc?) is the lines
supposed to go into?

Thanks as always.

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                   Dark><Lord

WARNING: This Mesa Library includes the Glide driver but
         you have not defined the MESA_GLX_FX env. var.
         (check the README.3DFX file for more information).

         you can disable this message with a 'export MESA_GLX_FX=disable'.

;This is all I could find from README.3DFX:

Set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable so that the
libglide2x.so and Mesa library files can be found.  For example:
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/usr/local/glide/lib:/SOMEDIR/Mesa-3.1/lib"

- You'll have to run Glide-based programs as root or set the suid
bit on executables;

- Try a demo:
cd gdemos
su