At 06:50 PM 10/01/2000 -0700, someone wrote:
>Okay,
>
>Of course the best way to for you to do this is with ifconfig. type man
>ifconfig for the instructions. But given that you seem to lack an adequate
>understanding of IP routing maybe the best thing instead . . .
>/snip/

>start with the basic host configuration and on the first line enter
>"name_of_your_box.your_domain.TLD

I know you're trying to be helpful, but this confuses the dickens out of me.
Is the "name_of_your_box" your username on the net, or "localhost" or what?
Does it matter?  Is "your_domain" your ISP's name?  If not, what?
What's TLD?

Fortunately the latest version I installed (SuSE 7.0) figured all this
out for me.