Hello, I am here again and very happy, finally I could watch tv under linux in my computer and also the net. And I have two question about:

QUESTION 1
It was hard to me, a beginner, but with the help in this list and some web pages I can use cabletv to watch the cable chanels with cablecrypt codification (In my house I have an account with one of the Spanish cable enterprises named ONO).
I have an Avermedia TV Capture and a ATI Rage II video card in a Pentium II 400 with 64 Mb Ram; It works very fine.
At the moment I must introduce manually the orders to charge all the necesarry modules:

insmod videodev
insmod i2c verbose=1 scan=1 i2c_debug=0
test -f i2c_chardev.o && insmod i2c_chardev
insmod tuner debug=1 type=5
insmod msp3400 debug=2
insmod bttv card=6 radio=0 pll=2,2 vidmem=0xf50

and after that y type: /usr/local/bin/cabletv and...... ¡hale opp! it's run fine

But I would like linux do that automatically when cabletv start to run; I think that the way is introduce this orders in the /etc/conf.modules file but I do not know exactly how; I have introduced at the end of the mentioned file the next lines:

#TV
alias char-major-81 bttv
pre-install bttv modprobe -k msp3400; modprobe -k tuner
options bttv
card=6 radio=0 pll=2,2 vidmem=0xf50
options msp3400
degug=2
options tuner
debug=1 type=5

bttv, videodev and i2c are correctly charged when I run cabletv, but not msp3400 neither tuner; in fact if I type the orders related with those modules everything goes.

Could you help me? What must I write int he conf.modules file?

QUESTION 2
I have my home computer with an eternet card and the module it is charged fine. I use it to conect sometimes my laptop to this main computer. The problem start when I switch on my computer without conexion to the laptop, the graphic screen works okey, but the others virtual screen show error messages because the computer is trying to conect and doesn't find other computers; working for example in virtual screen 1 messages apears every few seconds about that the computer is trying to conect.....
The ethernet card module is charged in the conf.modules file.
¿Is there any way to make linux only use this module when the laptop is conected?

Thanks a lot for your help

Francisco Alcaraz Ariza
Murcia, España (Spain)
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]