It sounds like you're going to have to reconfigure your display
again. From what you're describing it's not properly configured which is
why you're being presented with that strange screen. Actually you will
want to configure X so that you're presented with a GUI login screen. This
will give you a much broader selection of window managers when you log in
to your system.

You can reconfigure X by typing "setuptool" on the command line after
you've logged in as root.

--
Mark

/*      I never worry about the to-jams.
 *      Once I've stuck my foot in my mouth
 *      it's already too late...just make sure
 *      you chew them thoroughly before swallowing!
 */
        Registered Linux user #182496
             *   Pine 4.21   *

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000 10:53am ,Sharma, Anoop spake passionately in a  message: