OK, having some problems with Mandrake 7.1, hoping to get some help.
Yesterday I installed 7.1 onto my box (dual boot with Windows 98) then I got
on as root and
went into XWin and went to 'internet' (KPPP) and attempted to dial to the
internet (everything was configured, isp, etc;) I could get the modem
detected, etc; and when it went to log on, it got disconnected with an
'unknown error'. Now, I cant even get the modem to respond when I go to
'query modem' When I set the modem to ttys0 it says "sorry the modem doesnt
respond" and when its set to ttys1 it says "sorry the modem is busy".. even
tried the port on /dev/modem, still no go.. i was able to get my internet
working in SuSE6.4 with no problems, but this stumps the hell out of me.
Please help!! Thanks in advance