Dear All, It has been advised to me to use Pnp dump to configure my SMC EZ
10/100 ISA plug and play card. Could someone take me step by step through
that process? If that works would it be best to go to Linuxconf or netcfg to
finish? I looked at Netcfg and I cannot figure out alot of what they want
where. Their terminology is a bit different from the Windows IP configuration
that I have. Would someone help me with that, also, step by step? I am a true
newbie. I am impatiently waiting for my "Running Linux" book I ordered last
week. I hope that can help me, also. I am supplying again my card
configuation for Windows 95 below:

Ethernet card- SMC EZ card 10 ISA Network Card-plug and play
uses smc-ultra driver and is NE2000 compatible

Windows 95 IP Configuration

Host Name:  MICROSOU.tcac.net
DNS Servers: 205.218.118.1, 204.70.128.1
Node Type: Broadcast
NetBios Scope ID:
IP Rounting Enabled: No
NetBios Resolution Uses DNS: No

Ethernet Adaptor:
Physical Address: 00-E0-29-17-B7-6B
DHCP Enabled: Yes
IP Address: 208.180.96.251
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 208.180.96.1
DHCP Server: 205.218.118.1
Primary WINS Server:
Secondary WINS Server:
Lease obtained: Sund Jul 30 00 12:02:58 P.M.
Lease expired: Sun Jul 30 00 2:02:58 PM

Ethernet Adaptor:
Physical Address: 44-45-53-54-00-00
DHCP Enabled: Yes
IP Address: 0.0.0.0.
Default Gateway:
DHCP Server: 255.255.255.255
Primary WINS Server:
Secondary WINS Server:
Lease Obtained:
Lease Expires:

Now this is the information that I got from the Cox internet technician:

Domain Name: cox-internet.com
email address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Your IP Address: Automatically assigned by our server each time you log on
Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.cox-internet.com
Incoming Mail Server: pop.cox-internet.com
News Server: news.cox-internet.com
FTP Server: ftp.tcainternet.com

Of course I have an external cable modem and the brand I believe is
Tetrayon(?).

I appreciate all of your help. I am hoping to avoid doing a low level format
on my computer disks which I was told is the only way for my computer to
except a reinstall of Windows 95. I really don't want it back. I just want to
use Linux only on that computer. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you all
very much.
Sincerely, Marcia