Jeff Malka wrote:

> I discovered a cute clock called asclock which looks good on KDE desktop.  I
> therefore created a kdelnk for it which I put into my autostart folder.
> Unfortunately asclock comes in my distribution with no docs, no man,  info or
> readme.
>
> It opens on login nicely BUT it always opens at the left upper corner of
> the desktop.  I would like to
>
> a) position it  somewhere else (top right or bottom right) on the desktop but
> do not know how to tell the kdelnk to put it there.  Is there a way?
>
> b) make it appear without the surrounding xterm (I guess it is) frame on top
> of it.  The one that shows the miniutarize/maximize/close buttons.  Can that be
> done?
>
> Also is there a more effective way to start it (rc file somewhere) rather than
> in the autostart folder and is it advantageous to do so?
>
> Great clock/calendar by the way.
[snip]

Jeff....I think the best way to start a program when you enter kde is by using
the autostart folder as you are now doing.  For your xclock program use
kstart.  Create an application icon in the autostart folder with the execute
parameter something like this:

kstart "xclock -geometry 80x80-0+0" -decoration none -sticky -staysontop \"

Alan