Tom Brinkman wrote:

>    You need to clarify:  Are you runnin Windoze on hda1, Linux in a
> partition on hda, or a 'second' drive (hdb), and then DOS on that
> 'added' (3rd?, hdd) harddrive?  (your zip drive being hdc)
>       I'd guess from what you wrote, that the added DOS drive isn't
> bootable, not because it's a LILO or GRUB problem, but because DOS
> expects (demands) to be hda, ie, the *first* bootable drive.
>       If you do have Windows >= W9x on hda, edit MSDOS.SYS to
> 'BootGUI=0' and you'll have a *pure* DOS 7.x environment, no
> Winblows overhead present, suitable for runnin *any* old DOS game,
> even the ones on that 'added' drive. Your system will boot to a C:\
> prompt, type 'win' to start W9x (no different than with Winblows <=
> 3.x).  The drive you added is still viable space for either Winblows
> or Linux, but it ain't bootable unless you wanna make it hda.
> --
> Tom Brinkman        [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Galveston Bay

Hi Tom. Thanks for replying. Okay. I've got it setup like this:

WD-10 megger - hda with /swap, /, /usr, and /home as partitions.

added: an old Seagate < 1 gig HD, as hdd1.

My Zip drive is indeed, hdc4...

So whats the easiest way to change the old Seagate (hdd1) to hda, and my WD
(hda) to hdd1? Without losing data, or having to reinstall? Can I just swap
entries in /etc/fstab?

Thanks! ;-)

--

                                                                       /\