It was Oct 7, 2000, 14:21, when Ambler Dee keyboarded:

>(Durring instalation)just as the GUI stage of Mandrake 7.1 starts prompting you to
>choose a language... my keyboard numlock key light goes out and the whole keyboard
>stops responding. Plus there is no response from the mouse.
>
>P2400,160MB,Promise Ultra ATA/66 pci controller,PheonixBIOS 4.0 R6.0
>Dualbooting win98\win2k
>
>Also the same happens wether I boot from cd or run install from win98

Make sure that the speed of the memory chips in your computer is all the
same speed (60ns or 70ns or so) and also avoid having parity and nonparity
chips mixed. Most systems don't like that.

Paul

--
"THEY DON'T MAKE 'EM LIKE THEY USED TO"
Actually they do make 'em like they used to,

http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208 - Registered Linux User 174403
              -=PINE 4.21 on Linux Mandrake 7.1=-