Hi Mandrake Folks:

I am trying to solve a printing problem on multiple machines at the school where
I work.  I have successfully installed 7.1 on 15 machines.  Ten of the machines
print to a Samba printer with no problem.  I am using the standard 7.1 printer
configuration tool to set things up.

However, 5 of the machines (older P133s and such) do not print at all.  They
seem to have all the required files, and they give no error messages, but
nothing comes out the printer.  Samba does work on these machines -- I
can share files with Windows stations.

Thinking that memory might be a problem, I tried increasing the swap
partition, but no luck.  I also removed unneccesary packages from the hard
drive to free up space -- still no luck.

All machines are installed from the same CD -- however, since the CD tray
would not eject on these machines during install, I installed from the single CD
only.  (I understand that 7.1 needs at least 42 RAM for the CD to eject).

Are there printing files on the other CDs which I am missing?

Does Mandrake 7.1 need more than 32 RAM to print?

I thought about using the pdq printing system, but it does not print to Samba.

On one of the more powerful machines, I have been experimenting with CUPS, but
so far CUPS does not print Word Perfect postscript docs.

Any suggestions?

Robert Maynord