Vic wrote:

> The following errors mean nothing to me, does someone know if
> these are important and what I should do to correct them?
> I want to install wine on my system but I can't.
>
> [root@kittypuss Downloads]# rpm -ivh wine-20000909-1mdk.i586.rpm
> error: failed dependencies:
>         rpmlib(VersionedDependencies) <= 3.0.3-1 is needed by wine-20000909-1mdk
>

>**********************************************************************************************
> I do not understand this one either:
>
> wine                        ##################################################
> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>         LANGUAGE = "en",
>         LC_ALL = "en",
>         LANG = "en"
>     are supported and installed on your system.
>
> Thank you.

THe C langue is the defualt (i think it reffers to the fact that the main programming
language is
however don't worry thats the default on mine as well ,u can change it using the
Kcontrol centre
icon (the pic with a monitor /card on it)

The other is when you trying to install a set of programs (linux  phreaks call these
binarys)
using rpm
(a utility for keeping track of files installed on your system) by the looks of it you
have not
got all the rpms required for the 'wine' installetion.
Best bet  install something like mandrake version 7 (FULL install) as this will have
the binarys
your after (90%) another thing you will often need to 'make' binarys from downloaded
scource
code, to do this you need the programming tools installed.
good luck