Hi chronos,

go to the Mandrake website, click on "Mailing Lists" - its one of the
links under "Support" on the left side of the page - then, scroll down
to the bottom of the mailing list page and you will find links to the
expert and newbie archives.
Also on the Mandrake website, in the left-side list of links, under
"Developer", you will find a link to the HardDrake site, if you want to
try that. On that site, click on Download, and then grab the rpms for
HardDrake, detect, and detect-lst. If you use kpackage to install these
RPMs it will describe any unresolved dependancies when you open up the
RPMs. Anything that is missing you can find in the Mandrake Cooker site,
which you can find a link to in that Developer section. Mandrake has its
own rpms for alsa there - not sure if those are the same files
referenced in that email or the files you get from the site mentioned
below.

You can find all the the alsa information and downloads at
www.alsa-project.org

cheers,
philomena