Boot from your windows startup floppy and then at the A: prompt, type SYSTEM.  this will overwrite the MBR on your hard disk, by transferring the system files from the floppy to hard disk.  This is NOT like formatting your hard drive, so all your files will be intact.

Mark Wignall
-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Bourque [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2000 10:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] LILO hangs

I'm having hard disk problems and for reasons that are too lengthy to explain I need to completely remove both Windows and Linux from my system.  I've reformatted my second drive where Linux was installed, but when I reboot, LILO tries to come up then hangs with just the first two letters LI on the screen.  How can I remove whatever is causing LILO to start?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Joe Bourque