> Dear Anyone, Now that I am finally on cable internet with Linux I would
> like to get Napster going if possible. Is there a napster software for
> linux that is rpm? I saw one that is a tar file but I have had no luck
> with understanding tar yet. Thank you, Marcia

I use knapster occasionally and it works well.  I think it comes as a
zipped tar file but rather than source it's distributed as binary
files.  What that means is that if you simply execute

tar xvzf knapster.gtz

it will stick the executable, man page, and even a knapster icon into the
proper directory.  Proper in this case is /usr/local/kde/bin so the
easiest thing to do is create an icon that will execute
/usr/local/kde/bin/knapster.

Cheers --- Larry