boot from a DOS disk, perform an   fdisk /mbr  and you will be back to
square 1

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2000 10:41 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] uninstalling linux mandrake.

ok, ok, ok.... So 500 MB wasn't enough partition space to make a properly
working Linux Mandrake without eventually crashing. I learn from these
things. [:

As I result, I'm trying to uninstall the linux partition and put all back to

the original state. I want to get rid of the LILO boot and slide the 500 MB
back into my Win95 partition where I need it until I upgrade from my
ghetto-style 4 GB HDD.

I ran the "uninstall Linux parition" program. It said it was removed and
everything... Strangely, my computer still goes to LILO, then linux boots
(unless, of course I type in "dos").

    Win95 says my 3.75GB (practically 4GB) HDD is 2.6GB, so the partition is

obviously still there...

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. (=