this happened to me once as well, question did you make a boot disk for
linux????
how did you install linux are you using win4lin?
if you answered no to those then probably the best thing is to install a new
boot loader i find grub to be a pain in the butt and even my linux boot disk
doesnt work right, but here is an interesting idea
you can still boot linux

use your install cd when you see that wierd little picture of the penguin and
some stars it tells you two options
press "F1"
no type "rescue"
you are now in the rescue command prompt of linux, from here you can
implement changes in your configuration or install/reinstall/remove programs