I have installed Mandrake 7.1 just recently and everything was just
fine! except that a few days ago, I decided to try an MPEG program
called MTV. A little bit later I realized that my sound card stopped
working. Of course I have finally removed the program, wishing the sound
card would come back to life again. I have rebooted the computer but
with no success.

I do not know how my original files were changed and which ones are used
to configure the sound card. I sought a configuration tool to check it
but I could not find any. Please, do you know how can I restore my sound
card functions?

Sincerely,
Paulo Godoi