chronos wrote:

> Hi all,
> Whats this about the microsoft natural keyboard doesnt work with linux
> mandrake 7.1 ? Is it the super deluxe version or the one that is just
> shaped differently. I really dont see why it wouldnt work. I have mandrake
> 7.0 and use the natural board. Its really no different than a straight
> other than the shape. If it just doesnt work other than getting a new board
> is there a work around ? Also what would cause it not to work ?
[snip]

Chronos....nobody ever said that Microsoft "Natural Keyboards"
don't work with Linux.  Two of us have experienced some
problems with Linux sporatically reporting an error (Too many
NACKs -- noisy kbd cable?) with the Microsoft "Natural
Keyboard" (mine was the "Elite").

Removing this keyboard from the system, and replacing it with
another brand, stopped the error messages (and the need to
reboot to clear the error) from appearing on my system.  I
would venture a guess that marginal workmanship and/or
marginal materials are probably what caused this problem, but
again that's just a guess.
--
MandrakeSoft Inc                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Altadena, CA USA                                     --Alan