Lawrence Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm now trying to install LM7.1 Deluxe on my SONY VAIO
> notebook. After having tried for a few weeks, I still
> cannot complete the installation. DrakX halt at
> the "install system" step. Text mode installation does
> not response when it "Setup filesystems". The boot
> image for the SCSI problem in FAQ doesn't react to the
> 'patch' keyword. I want to take a break and isolate
> the installation problem from your experience.
>
> Any one of you have successfully installed LM7.1 (or
> any other version) on your SONY VAIO notebook? or
> failed to do so? Please list the configuration on the
> model number, floppy drive(internal or USB), HD
> Capacity and CD-ROM drive (internal or SCSI).
=====================
In the Sept/Oct issue of Maximum Linux, they did a very positive review of L-M
7.1, but in a sidebar on page 30, they did point out that they could NOT get
it installed, even with tech support from mandrake, on a Sony Vaio.  They
speculated that it had something to do with the CDROM drive parameters.  No
matter what they did, they couldn't get it installed on the Vaio.
        I hope someone else on the list has much better new for you.
        Mike

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

http://home.netscape.com/webmail