Mike,

kde2 was only just released this week; kde1 is what ships with mandrake 7.1.

The kde website (www.kde.org) has an release announcement and links to ftp
directories with all the rpms.

I downloaded the ones for Mandrake 7.2 (the only Mandrake ones I've found so
far) but they don't appear to be appropriate for 7.1 which, along with kde1,
is what I have on my system. When I tried to install the first package I got
an error message:

error: failed dependencies:
        libQwSpriteField.so.1 is needed by kmp3-1.0-5mdk
        libuulib.so.5 is needed by kdenetwork-1.1.2-17mdk

Looking at the rpm itself I find the description mentions the QwSpriteField
and uulib stuff but don't see the libraries actually listed:

Name        : kdesupport                   Relocations: /usr
Version     : 2.0                               Vendor: MandrakeSoft
Release     : 1mdk                          Build Date: Tue 17 Oct 2000
06:51:03 AM EDT
Install date: (not installed)               Build Host: ke.mandrakesoft.com
Group       : Graphical desktop/KDE         Source RPM:
kdesupport-2.0-1mdk.src.rpm
Size        : 313088                           License: GPL
Packager    : Christopher Molnar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Summary     : K Desktop Environment - Support Libraries
Description :
Support Libraries for the K Desktop Environment, but not part of it.

Libraries included are: QwSpriteField, js (javascript), uulib, mimelib,
and rdb.
/usr/bin/kdedesktop2mdkmenu.pl
/usr/lib/libmimelib.la
/usr/lib/libmimelib.so
/usr/lib/libmimelib.so.1
/usr/lib/libmimelib.so.1.0.1

Has anyone else had any luck installing the 7.2 rpms for KDE2 on 7.1? Or has
anyone found a site with versions for 7.1?

::mark