Adrian Smith escribió:

> can anyone recomend a good program that will allow me to take WAV or MP3 files
>(doesn't really matter which) and burn a music CD that will play on a regular CD
>player?

I use XCDRoast 0.98a6 and gCombust 0.1.34; first one's got an easy interface and
second one is very powerful.  Both can copy either from an image or on the fly.

>  now the one thing i'm looking for in additon to that is this -- anyone know of a
>program which can balance the loudness of the files being recorded so that the final
>volume of each track is pretty much similar.

No one i know has got that function.  I'm also interested in it!!  ;-)

--
Joan Tur. Ibiza - Spain
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  [EMAIL PROTECTED] ICQ 11407395