I'm not totally sure on the Windows ME compatibility part, but I don't see why
it wouldn't work. Also, I would install WinME first because knowing Microsoft
they'll over write the boot sector. So if you had installed Linux first it
would over write LILO/GRUB and then you couldn't get to Linux without a boot
disk. So install WinME first, then Linux.

--
Anthony
http://binaryfusion.net