> What does the extras disc have on it anyway?

There are 300+ packages on it.  IF you're only running a simple
workstation you should be able to install 7.1 without it.

> And, when I setup 7.1, cant I update it with the mandrake update thingey to
> 7.2 ans then run the 7.2 extras disc?

Sure...but that's going to require, pretty much, a complete download
as with the major shift in interface most applications need to be
recompiled.  Truth is, you're probably better off running 7.1 right
now.  Do an install with your 7.1 iso and see if it makes you happy.

Cheers --- Larry