Greetings from Australia,

I'm hoping someone can help or point me in the right direction.

I have just installed L-MDK 7.2b3. The install was very smooth.

My Hardware configuration:
Motherboard: PCChips100 - M748LMRT
Onboard Video Chip: SiS 620
CPU: Celeron 400
SDRAM: 64Mb
Video RAM: 2Mb (I have tried setting Video RAM to 4MB)
Screen Resolution: 1024 x 778, 16bit colour

The problem/challenge that I've got:

Once the X login screen comes up, I notice vertical streaks on the screen.
When I've logged in I get vertical streaks at set intervals on the screen.

On the left edge of the screen, there is a thin vertical area where I can
see a part of what is in the main screen. This happens with all Windows
Managers that I've tried (KDE, Gnome and Sawfish). So this suggests that the
problem may be something to do with the X server settings.

I have checked the XFree86 website and the X 4.01 supports my video driver.

I have not experienced this problem with L-MDK 7.0 and XFree86 3.3.6. SVGA
driver.

The problem is not critical, an annoyance more than anything. I like Linux
and am keen to use it as my main desktop but little thing like this make
Linux look really flaky.

Alternative, would someone please tell me how I can revert back to X 3.3.6.

Thanks,
Ot Ratsaphong