> 2. VB has been developed for the express purpose of writing programs to run
> under Windows.
> 3. Microsoft is not a proponent of open source software (in spite of what
> that Russian guy thinks).
> 4. Linux has strong roots in the C language.
> 5. C (and its descendants) and Basic are totally different worlds (think
> cats and dogs).
> My guess would be that Visual Basic for Linux will occur on the day that
> hell freezes over and the sun rises in the west -- provided that they both
> happen on the same day. On the other hand, strange things do happen --
> remember President Dewey.

Carrol, while there's some debate over whether it's a good idea, I believe
there is an active project to develop a VB-compatible interpreter for
Linux.  I don't know any of the details of that project however.

As for MS and Linux, you might find them involved a bit sooner than that
:-)

Cheers --- Larry