Hi.

Yesterday I installed Mandrake 7.2 and I got some problems with KDE 2.

It seems that the window manager (kwin) does not run. My windows have no
borders, cannot be moved, etc. Also my Desktop is gone (no icons).

When I try to start kwin from a command line I get the following error message:

Qt: Locales not supported on X server
qstring_to_xtp result code -2

Figuring that there might be some problems with X i changed to XFree 4 instead
of XFree 3.3.6 but it made no difference to my problem.

Other kde apps also produce the same kind of error message, kmail for example.
Also licq is unstable so maybe there is a problem with qt?

Any ideas what to do? Right now I am running gnome but I'd love to try out KDE2
and have my kde apps working properly.

Thanks for any help.

Regards
/Anders