On Tuesday 31 October 2000 06:52 pm, you wrote:
> when i put an audio CD into my drive i can not access it, as in:
> cd /mnt/cdrom

    You can't, and aren't supposed to mount audio CD's.

> when i try to mount cdrom i get:
> already mounted acording to mtab.
>
> is this normal?  can one not access an audio CD?

   Yes it's normal.  Using a player, Xmms for example, put an audio
CD in your CDrom, click on the '+dir' button, navigate to 'mnt' in
the dialog box that appears. Click on the '+' next to mnt, which
will show the devices under mnt. Hi-lite 'cdrom' and click OK. The
audio tracks on the CD will be loaded into Xmms' playlist window.
--
Tom Brinkman        [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Galveston Bay