thank you mark,

is there a simliar prog that you know of that might help me set up the
routing from my other machines so that i can access the internet from
them? simply setting up masquerading doesn't seem to do the trick, i
think this is to do with 'default gateways' but i confess the concept of
gateways confuses me

bascule