I recently downloaded the 7.2 distro of Mandrake and installed it.  I had no
problems throughout the installation, except for a scsi card not being
detected, as is usual with linux installs.  I have installed Mandrake 7.1 on
my system before, and it works fine, but 7.2 after I reboot and use either
Grub or Lilo to load my kernel, I get a black screen.  Right after I choose
Linux in Grub, It goes black.  I fell this must have something to do with
the hard drive partition, and perhaps my promise Ultra66 card.  Mandrake 7.1
auto-installed the ide card for me, but perhaps 7.2 does not, this might
cause the problem.  I checked all the settings , for which partition to
load, ie hde2.  My other os is win2000, and it is on hde1, which is strange
because the actual way I have the drive physically setup, is the first 1023
cylinders are devoted to ext2 partition(hde2), then the next 1024 cyls are
for win2000(hde1).  I thought it numbered your partitions hde1, hde2 and so
forth, not hde2, hde1, hde3, hde4...  Anyway, all I get after install is a
black screen, no hard drive movemnet at all, so if anyone has run into this
problem before or knows what it is, i would appreciate it.   the rest of my
system is:
p3 700
supermicro p6sba mb
192 megs ram (196608 defined in linux)
Rage Fury graphics card (working fine in 7.1)
ATI TV wonder (PCI)
Intel nic card
cdrw
cd
floppy
an old adaptec scsi card that has never worked right in the later distros of
linux
zip and jaz hooked to crappy scsi card.
HP deskjet 820cxi (which CUPS seems to set up correctly, hoooray!!!)
a crappy Mustek scanner (1200cp)
34 gb ibm ata66 7.2 hd
couple other periphs ithat escape me now.

I have tried installing Mandrake several times now, always the same error,
under expert and customized.  Thanks in advance.

Nathan Washor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]