Using Kwvdial I connect and after dialing the # and receiving a carrier detected
message Kwvdial says "hmm a prompt sending pppd or something" after a few tries it
says "just starting pppd and hoping for the best" after this I try to access a remote
web page and get the standard error from netscape saying cannot find host.

1 My external usr modem works fine in windows
2 Is this a problem with my ISP
3 I have reason to believe the modem is a little intermittent could it be a hardware
problem

Pls. help... I have been trying to connect to the internet with mandrake for a long
time with no success.

thx devon

Free Unlimited Internet Access! Try it now!
http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/altavista/index.html