Paul wrote:

> It was Nov 8, 2000, 17:42, when Scott D. Pletcher keyboarded:
>
> >Does anyone know how to get a file back that has been deleted via "rm"?
>
> If you know what was in the file: start typing.
> If you can download it from somewhere: go and download.
> None of the above: do you have a backup somewhere?
> Not even that? No chance...
>
> Paul
>
> --
> Coffee (n.): a person who is coughed upon.
>
> http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208 - Registered Linux User 174403
>               -=PINE 4.21 on Linux Mandrake 7.1=-

Paul (welcome back - how was your trip?), there was an article floating around
about how to do that, but it involved immediately unmounting the drive that the
file in question is on, and a small program that finds the file(s), then you
have to manually rename them from a "raw" format (I think). I'm not really sure
but I'm thinking it was in LJ or LM...

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                   Dark><Lord