Hi all,

I just upgraded the first machine, my test-pc, to MDK7.2.

The upgrade itself went okay, as it showed all kinds of things being
installed.

But then the fun started. No way that the original X settings were
retained. I counted myself lucky for having kept my XF86Config file on a
diskette, I needed it!! I could not convince the system that the SiS6326
chip was capable of doing 16bit colors with 1024x768 resolution. The old
XF86Config took care of that. (Xfree 4 was not set up automatically, even
though the videochip is reported to be supported.)

I have not looked at the network and printing yet (CUPS was installed).

A problem that I have never had before is shutting down. Shutting goes
partly well, until I see

umount2: /usr: device is busy

After that there is no more action from the computers end. CtrlAltDel does
not do anything, all that is left is throw the switch. The boot afterwards
will of course force a check on several partitions.

Weird, since with 7.1 everything went so well.
I will hold back from upgrading my other machine until I have an answer
why shutting down on pc2 does not work. I can't understand why /usr would
remain "busy" (mounted?)

Any takers on this problem?

Paul

--
Balderdash (n.): a rapidly receding hairline.

http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208 - Registered Linux User 174403
              -=PINE 4.21 on Linux Mandrake 7.1=-