On Friday 10 November 2000 10:36 am, Agustin Navarro wrote:
> I would like a recomendation of a good accelerated 3d video card.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Agustin

   If you go by the reviews and hardware sites, the 4 best cards
are GeForce (Nvidia), ATI Radeon, Voodoo4 or 5, and Matrox G4xx
in that order.  Problem is that's with Windoze.

   Nvidia's, and ATI's are a problem on Linux (search the cooker
list archive and you'll see what the developers think).  Main
problem is the proprietary binary only drivers, not the hardware.
3DFX is prob'ly one of the most Linux friendly manufacturers, and it
shows.  Their cards work the best in Linux for 3d (Altho I'd
recommend the Voodoo3 rather than the newer ones at this time,
mostly based on price).  Matrox cards are best regarded for their
excellent 2D performance, but 3D is disappointing with any OS
compared to Nvidia, ATI or 3DFX.

--
Tom Brinkman        [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Galveston Bay