From: John Batt
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2000 3:05 PM
Subject: [newbie] O.K. here's my problem

Just installed 7.2 and have the following problems:

1) Can't access fd0.  I get the following: "Can't enter directory /mnt/floppy"
This wasn't a problem under 7.0.  It will let me format floppies though.

2) I've got a Zip drive connected to the computer.  Works fine under Windoze
but when I try to install it under LM 7.2 I get the following error msgs for
ppa and imm:

modprobe -v imm
/sbin/insmod /lib/modules/2.2.17-21mdk/scsi/imm.o
Using /lib/modules/2.2.17-21mdk/scsi/imm.o
Symbol version prefix ''
/lib/modules/2.2.17-21mdk/scsi/imm.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
invalid IO or IRQ parameters
/lib/modules/2.2.17-21mdk/scsi/imm.o: insmod
/lib/modules/2.2.17-21mdk/scsi/imm.o failed
/lib/modules/2.2.17-21mdk/scsi/imm.o: insmod imm failed

modprobe -v ppa
/sbin/insmod /lib/modules/2.2.17-21mdk/scsi/ppa.o
Using /lib/modules/2.2.17-21mdk/scsi/ppa.o
Symbol version prefix ''
/lib/modules/2.2.17-21mdk/scsi/ppa.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
invalid IO or IRQ parameters
/lib/modules/2.2.17-21mdk/scsi/ppa.o: insmod
/lib/modules/2.2.17-21mdk/scsi/ppa.o failed
/lib/modules/2.2.17-21mdk/scsi/ppa.o: insmod ppa failed

3)I've got an ActionTec 56K PCI modem installed and I have to type the
following every time I want to get on line:

setserial /dev/modem uart 16550A port 0xdc00 irq 11

I have it as the last line in /etc/rc.d/rc.local but it doesn't init the modem

This also, wasn't a prob. in 7.0

Now a question:
Has anyone tried using the ZIP CD 650 cd rewritable and the USB version of
the ZIP 100 drive in 7.2?

Any help will be greatfully appreciated.