Hi,

I have a Vortex2 sound card, and my hardware config (under Mandrake 7.1)
will pick it up, but it doesnt install it as a sound card or install any
drivers for it...   So, I searched the net, and found that I needed some
Aureal Drivers, so I downloaded them, and it tells you to unpack them, and
then run the "make install" command from that directory in the command
line...  If I am root or ANY user I cannot do this, I get invalid command?
HELP?

I also have a network here.  A server has the dialup, and it is running
SyGate 3.11 (A NAT GateWay app...) and I can connect and use this by having
a gateway in Windows, but as soon as I try to use it under Linux... PROBLEM,
NetScape wont find any pages at all...   I can ping addresses on my network
(I am 13.217.184.104 and the server PC is   13.217.184.101) but running it
using the gateway screws up!?    I can connect using Proxy+ (in NetScape's
options...) but I dont wanna use a Proxy!

Also, I wanted to add a little time to the bootloader, so I went to the
DrakConf thing, and went to bootloaders, but it had nothing to add time to
it...  and now LILO starts as the bootloader!   I want the deafualt Mandrake
7.1 loader (sorry, I cant remember what it was called... GNURUB or
somthing...)

If you can help then cool...
Thanks...
Graham "DarkMonk" Balharrie