Assuming your ethernet card is already detected, and your ISP uses DCHP to
give out IP addresses, it's pretty simple. Open up Linuxconf, "linuxconf",
and then go to "Networking", then "Host" something (I'm on 7.2 and it's
slightly different I think, but you want to first button on the top), then go
to the "Adapter 1" tab.

>From there, check the "Enabled" box, and select config mode as "DCHP". In the
net device field, select "eth0" assuming that you only have one network card.

Finally, based on your card info, pick "ne" for your kernel module field.
http://www.linuxrouter.org/listarch/linux-router/2000-04-01/msg00390.html has
some more instructions on what you might have to do to get it to work on your
card.

Hope that helped.

--
Anthony