In linuxconf you setup your ip and your DNS,etc... also you checked
DHCP and you get an error, what's happening is that dhcp-client
is not istalled.  Try this as root on the console:

modprobe dhcp-client (i think that's right)

All you need is the module for the dhcp-client to be loaded and
you should be in business, I don't use dhcp so I'm not too familiar
with the module needed I'm sure someone else will come up with
an answer for you.