Hi,
I recently upgraded to Mandrake 7.2. After the upgrade I started to have
problems with my local mail agent. When I issue mail <local_address> or mail
<remote_address>, I get a message like the one below.

Can't create transcript file ./xfeAEI8LC01988: Permission denied queueup:
cannot create queue temp file ./tfeAEI8LC01988, uid=1001: Permission denied

I believe that it may be related to write permissions somewhere in the /var
subdirectories, but do not know how to change those permissions safely.

I use sendmail. I have no problems sending messages with KMail, only when I
invoke mail at the command line.

Anybody has ideas about how to fix this? TIA.
ZP
--
José Pedro Sousa do Amaral

We only can learn from our mistakes.